Richards Mountain – Summit/Crofton Lake Trail Routes
- Richards Mountain – Summit Route
- Richards Mountain – Crofton Lake Route
- Richards Mountain – All Trails
Richards Mountain, located beside (west) of Maple Mountain has great mix of trails, perfect for hiking/biking and general exploring. There’s a gentle hike around beautiful Crofton Lake, a nice little thigh burner trail up to the summit, and some smooth flowy mtn bike trails that wont disappoint. Like big trees? .. Richard’s got some of the biggest Cedar, White Pine, and Fir trees in the Valley. You’ll get a bit of an ‘old school’ feeling here, as some trails are a bit rough, but full of great potential.
This trail network can be accessed from the Maple Mountain Parking lot and Richards Trail Road. Please be respectful of all parking signs and private property. The maps here indicate accessing trails from Maple Mountain Parking Lot.
!!! Please note that the area north of Crofton Lake is PRIVATE PROPERTY – no Trespassing !!!
From Duncan to Trail head (Maple Mtn Parking Lot – Google Map ):
- Take Herd Road to Osborne Bay Road.
- Take Osborne Bay Road approx 3km to the Maple Mnt Parking lot
- Cross Osborne Bay Road to Richards Mtn M/L (gated)
- Refer to attached maps for specific routes (Summit or Crofton Lake).
- Please note that this Trail Network can also be accessed from Richards Trail Road but the routes shown here start from the Maple Mtn Parking lot
- Richards Mountain
- Geomap for these routes also available, so you can use your smart phones’ built in GPS to see your position on the map. Follow general install instructions here, and search for ‘Richards Mountain Heavy J’ from the list of available Heavy-J Geomaps (These are FREE MAPs)
Map Evolution (a lot of quality hours/kms spent here April/May)