Mt Prevost – Bings Creek Trail
This trail, accessed from Drinkwater Road in Duncan, is a moderately difficult hike to the top of Mt Prevost. Initially, the wide trail ascends gently along the east side of (beautiful) Bings Creek. After veering away from the creek, the trail narrows and becomes steeper, with a short very steep section (with a fixed rope*) just below the West Summit. Stop at the West Summit, or continue on to the East Summit. Give yourself 3 to 5 hours round trip to do this trail, approximately 9km round trip.
*Dogs may have difficulty with this section.
1) Take the Trans Canada Hwy to Highway 18 in Duncan
2) Take Hwy 18 West for 4kms to Drinkwater Road
3) Turn right at Drinkwater Road
4) Take Drinkwater Road for 400 meters and park near the entrance to Bings Creek Transfer station
5) Trailhead is on the right off of Drinkwater Road
- Mt Prevost Bings Creek Trail Map
- Geomap for this route also available, so you can use your smart phones’ built in GPS to see your position on the map. Follow general install instructions here, and select Prevost – Bings Creek Route map from the list of available Heavy-J Geomaps (This is a FREE MAP)
Some pics below. Thanks Chris Istace for your contribution! (See more of Chris’s pics at Www.chrisistace.com)